Sunday, October 7, 2012

Queen Latifah: “I’ve Wanted To Adopt Since I Was A Child” - Older Parents Consider Adoption

Celebrity adoption should never be a motivation to adopt, yet, I
always am pleased when celebrities speak to the joys and desires
of adoption.

Posted: October 1, 2012 byJenny Schafer

Golden Globe and Grammy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee
Queen Latifah stars in the Lifetime Original Movie Event,Steel
Magnolias, set to debut Sunday, October 7 at 9pm ET/PT on
Lifetime. The singer-actress appears in and executive produces
the film, a television adaptation of the iconic play and 1989
film of the same name.

In a conference call, theChicagostar opens up to Celebrity Baby
Scoop about playing a mom inSteel Magnolias, working with iconic
TV mom "Clair Huxtable," and her plans to adopt in the future.

On if she plans to adopt:

QL: "Are you trying to get the scoop girl? You can't get that
[laughs]. Trust me. When you see me with the baby, you're going
to know I've got the baby. And it's going to be my baby. It will
maybe be a niece or nephew, but you can blame the baby on me.

Honestly, I've always wanted to adopt since I was a child. I saw
an ABC special and I've always wanted to adopt since I was a kid.
I also love the showEight is Enough.

I've always loved the idea of having a house full of people where
you're the parent, and everybody can come. If something goes
wrong the kids can crash there, and you just make sure you call
their parents to say they are safe there.

That's just kind of how I envisioned things. And I know I'm
running a little late, but I've had a couple of things to do. I'm
the parent to many people, whether you realize it or not. It just
doesn't look like it from the outside world.

But I would absolutely adopt. That's something that I definitely
see in the future because why not? I mean, it doesn't have to be
a baby; kids need a home. So hopefully that will be a possible
thing. But I can't speak on anything particularly right now."

If you or someone you love would like to expand your family,
provide a permanent home for a needy orphaned child, welcome a
sibling for an existing child or discover an alternative for
infertility treatments - contact us to learn more about Ukrainian
adoption, Adoption Services International can help.

Adoption Services International unites loving US families with
Ukrainian children. We provide a unique combination of western
quality service (including a maximum guaranteed adoption fee),
personal adoption experience, affordable local cost and 20 years
Ukrainian experience.

www.adoptionservicesinternational.com

info@asi-adoption.com

908-444-0999

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adoption-in-Ukraine/168084499905366

powered by eggzack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment