Friday, October 12, 2012

Connie Britton Jokes About Starting Celebrity Adoption Club With Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock

A star in the spotlight shares her adoption experience.

By Suzy Byrne |Goddess: Celebrity Moms and Dads - Wed, Oct 10,
2012 3:14 AM SGT

Nearly a year ago, Connie Britton became a first-time mom when
she adopted her son, Yoby, from Ethiopia. Opening up
toRedbookabout her life as a Hollywood mom, she jokes about how
she's trying to start an adoption club with some of the other
celebrities who have also adopted from Africa.

"Me and Angelina [Jolie] and Sandra Bullock and Mary-Louise
Parker just get together every weekend, drink rosé, and talk
about kids!" the actress laughs. "No, that is not the case. Not
that I wouldn't love to get together with all of them and discuss
their experiences. But there is a community of people who have
adopted children from Ethiopia, and that's something I want to be
a part of for sure. To me it's really important for my son to
have a strong sense of that background."

The 45-year-old actress, who was briefly married in her 20s, is
raising Yoby as a single mother - a challenge she was more than
ready to tackle when the opportunity presented itself. "I always
knew I wanted a child, and I always assumed I'd be doing it with
a man," Britton, who is dating, confesses to the magazine. "Then
my parents passed away within three years of each other. Right
after that, a light bulb went off in my head and I thought, 'What
am I waiting for?' I wasn't in a relationship at the time, but I
thought, 'This is something I want to do. I can do it.'"

Britton, who shot to fame in the sports drama "Friday Night
Lights" (she played the lovable Tami Taylor) and spent a bloody
season on "American Horror Story," returns to TV this week in
"Nashville," which is a show about the world of country music.
Interestingly enough, she says she's found similarities between
acting and parenting. "One thing that I tapped into very early on
doing 'FNL' was that a lot of what it feels like to be a mother
is that you feel like you have no idea what the hell you're
doing," she explains. "That was true for me as an actor. ...And
then at some point I realized, well, actually, that's exactly how
a mother would be feeling. And now that I'm a mother, I realize
the depth to which that's true."

On "Nashville," which co-stars Hayden Panettiere, we get to see -
and hear - a new side of Britton. She plays a headlining country
singer in the later stages of her career, who gets elbowed to the
side to make room for a rising star. "We have an opportunity to
show a woman who is self-made and successful and really trying to
have it all, and the complexities and difficulties of it," notes
Britton, who happens to do her own singing on the show. "We have
the opportunity to show the sexiness and gorgeousness of a woman
with experience and wisdom."

No doubt, she'll be pulling from her real-life experience for the
role.

Not a celebrity, but would also love to expand your family,
provide a permanent home for a needy orphaned child, welcome a
sibling for an existing child or discover an alternative for
infertility treatments - contact us to learn more about Ukrainian
adoption, Adoption Services International can help.

Adoption Services International unites loving US families with
Ukrainian children. We provide a unique combination of western
quality service (including a maximum guaranteed adoption fee),
personal adoption experience, affordable local cost and 20 years
Ukrainian experience.

www.adoptionservicesinternational.com

info@asi-adoption.com

908-444-0999

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adoption-in-Ukraine/168084499905366

powered by eggzack.com

No comments:

Post a Comment