With Russia sadly closing its doors to American adoptive parents,
the advantages of the Ukrainian Adoption Program should be
explored. It is a unique program with many important safeguards
for prospective adoptive parents. I see 24,000 great reasons to
adopt. That is how many Ukrainian children are available for
international adoption, but here are 17 facts about Ukrainian
1. Ukraine is not Russia: Ukrainians welcome Western
tourists, businesses and adoptive parents.
2. Older parents are welcome to adopt in Ukraine. There are
no upper age limits for adoptive parents in Ukraine.
3. Ukrainian adoptions are closed and final. All birth
parent rights have been terminated.
4. You choose your Ukrainian adoptive child, rather than
being placed with a child by an agency.
5. Full medical history is provided for available children
before you choose your child, and before you meet them.
6. You are only allowed to choose children that are legally
available for adoption, and while you are in the process of
visiting a child and deciding to adopt, that child is not offered
to anyone. There is no risk that your potential adopted child may
not be available for adoption, or would be adopted by someone
else at the same time.
7. Ukrainian orphanages are clean and well maintained. The
children are well cared for.
8. Ukrainian children are Caucasian.
9. Children adopted from Ukraine are allowed to keep dual
10. Gradual transition during the in-country adoption process
maximizes parental bonding and attachment.
11. Ukrainian adoption is relatively inexpensive when compared
to other adoption programs.
12. The entire Ukrainian adoption process usually takes less a
year or less.
13. Adoptive parents are only required to take one trip to
14. You are legally allowed and outwardly encouraged to have an
independent physician examine your future adoptive child.
15. Ukrainian adoption is final. No additional adoption process
is needed in the US. Your Ukrainian adopted child becomes a US
citizen as soon as they enter US airspace.
16. Children are 5 and older. You are able to see their
personality, behavior and character. Younger children with
special needs are available. Younger children are also available
if a sibling older than 5 is adopted at the same time.
17. Adoption Services International has extensive experience
making the process as smooth as possible, from the very beginning
of your decision to adopt, through bringing your adopted child
home to the US.
Adoption Services International unites loving
US families with Ukrainian children. We provide a unique
combination of professional, individualized, quality service
(including a maximum guaranteed adoption fee), personal adoption
experience, affordable cost and 20 years Ukrainian
If you or someone you love would like to expand your family,
provide a permanent home for a needy orphaned child, welcome a
sibling for an existing child or discover an alternative for
infertility treatments-contact us to learn more about Ukrainian
adoption, Adoption Services International can help.
Opportunities and Challenges of Ukrainian Adoption: Free
Monday, February 4, 6:00-8:00 PM
Healthy U Fitness Studio, Bishop's Plaza, 431 Route 22 East,
Whitehouse, New Jersey, 08889
Free Presentation: International Adoption From Ukraine
Tuesday, February 12, 6:00-9:00 PM
Bernardsville Public Library, 1 Anderson Hill Road,
Bernardsville, NJ 07924
The Ukrainian Adoption Process: Free Informational Meeting
Thursday, March 14, 6:00-8:00 PM
Location: Wellness Rocks: 133 Rupell Road, Clinton, New Jersey